Pre-Feasibility Study of Lake Victoria Tourism Development Plan Uganda
Africa’s most amiable country, Uganda provides its visitors an unforgettable experience through its unmatched wild life safaris, cultural experience, eco-tourism activities, lakes and rivers etc. The natural heritage consisting of magnificent locales, fascinating landscapes, exciting wildlife and dense equatorial forests along with excellent climate and friendly people makes Uganda a unique travel destination.
The project involves
- Identification and mapping of tourism resource (Natural, Cultural, Manmade) in a people participatory mode by holding discussions with local authorities, people’s representatives, NGOs, tourism industry representatives, academicians, government officials etc and site visits
- Detailed analysis of the present tourism scenario of the region including tourism trend, tourism infrastructure, industry – community relationship, tourism related social and environmental issues, environmental baseline and perception analysis to re-establish the sectoral importance.
- Categorization of tourism resources in terms of physical and functional character into major and minor tourism centers and products and link them to form potential circuits with a view to maximize the community benefit
- Study of island tourism, their present circuit characteristics and possible avenues for diversification and alternate tourism circuits
- Identification of tourism related issues and problems
- Identification of infrastructure gaps in fostering development of tourist centers, circuits and hubs
- Formulation of strategies for development of tourism focusing environmental up gradation of the Lake Victoria region and socio-economic benefit to local community
- Formulating the strategies for marketing the tourism products
It is a joint venture with Universal Empire Group, New Delhi, India.